Antioxidant, liver protective and angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitory activities of old laying hen hydrolysate in crab meat analogue
Cited 2 time in
- Antioxidant, liver protective and angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitory activities of old laying hen hydrolysate in crab meat analogue
- S K Jin; J S Choi; Y J Choi; Seung Jae Lee; S Y Lee; S J Hur
- Bibliographic Citation
- Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 1774-1781
- Publication Year
- The purpose of this study was to evaluate the antioxidative activities of Crab meat analogue prepared with protein hydrolysates obtained from mechanically deboned chicken meat (MDCM) from spent laying hens. 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl hydrate (DPPH) radical-scavenging activity was increased by adding MDCM hydrolysates during storage, and activity correlated with the concentration of DPPH added up to 6 weeks of storage. Hydroxyl radical-scavenging activity was increased in all analogues containing MDCM hydrolysates. At 0 days of storage, angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE)-inhibitory activity was increased by the addition of MDCM hydrolysates. Activity did not correlate after 6 weeks of storage, in which ACE-inhibitory activity was increased with low concentrations of MDCM hydrolysates, but no ACE-inhibitory activity was observed at higher concentrations. The liverprotecting activity of crab meat analogue was shown to be around 60% of the positive control; however, it was not significantly different among the samples during storage. These results support the use of MDCM as a source of health-promoting constituents in crab meat analogue.
- AntihypertensionAntioxidative activityCrab meat analogueLiverprotection effectMechanically deboned chicken meat hydrolysates
- Asian-Australasian Assoc Animal Production Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.