Attenuation of atherosclerosis by 3,4-dihydroxy-hydrocinnamic acid in rabbits by partial inhibition of ACAT = 토끼에서 ACAT 억제에 의한 3,4-다이하이드록시 하이드로시나믹산의 동맥경화 완화 효과
Cited 0 time in
- Attenuation of atherosclerosis by 3,4-dihydroxy-hydrocinnamic acid in rabbits by partial inhibition of ACAT = 토끼에서 ACAT 억제에 의한 3,4-다이하이드록시 하이드로시나믹산의 동맥경화 완화 효과
- M R Lee; J H Choi; Y Yang; K S Oh; Tae Sook Jeong; Chul Ho Lee; G T Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Clinical Laboratory Science, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 280-286
- Publication Year
- Polyphenols have been reported to have beneficial effects on cardiovascular disease. A polyphenolic compound, 3,4-dihydroxy-hydrocinnamic acid (3,4-DHHCA), has been shown to have antioxidative and antitumorigenic activities. However, the effect of 3,4-DHHCA on atherosclerosis is still unknown. Herein, we investigated the effects of 3,4-DHHCA on atherosclerosis in New Zealand White rabbits. Broad and fused fatty streak lesions were found in rabbits fed with high-cholesterol diet for 8 weeks. Administration of 3,4-DHHCA reduced atherosclerotic lesion formation and lesional accumulation of macrophage in rabbits fed with cholesterol diet without systemic or local toxicity. Hepatic acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) activity was decreased after treatment with 3,4-DHHCA by 22% in cholesterol diet-fed rabbits compared with the control group. These results indicate that 3,4-DHHCA had antiatherogenic effects in rabbits, possibly by partial inhibition of ACAT.
- Atherosclerosis; 3,4-dihydroxy-hydrocinnamic acid; Animal models; Acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase; High density lipoprotein
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of Bioinfrastructure > Laboratory Animal Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.