Cited 29 time in
- Genomics-driven discovery of chlorinated cyclic hexapeptides ulleungmycins A and B from a Streptomyces species
- Sangkeun Son; Young-Soo Hong; Mina Jang; Kyung Taek Heo; Byeongsan Lee; Jun-Pil Jang; Jong Won Kim; In Ja Ryoo; Won Gon Kim; Sung-Kyun Ko; Bo Yeon Kim; Jae-Hyuk Jang; Jong Seog Ahn
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Natural Products, vol. 80, no. 11, pp. 3025-3031
- Publication Year
- Analysis of the genome sequence of Streptomyces sp. KCB13F003 showed the presence of a cryptic gene cluster encoding flavin-dependent halogenase and nonribosomal peptide synthetase. Pleiotropic approaches using multiple culture media followed by LC-MS-guided isolation and spectroscopic analysis enabled the identification of two new chlorinated cyclic hexapeptides, ulleungmycins A and B (1 and 2). Their structures, including absolute configurations, were determined by 1D and 2D NMR techniques, advanced Marfey's analysis, and GITC derivatization. The new peptides, featuring unusual amino acids 5-chloro-l-tryptophan and d-homoleucine, exhibited moderate antibacterial activities against Gram-positive pathogenic bacteria including methicillin-resistant and quinolone-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Amer Chem Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Anticancer Agent Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Research on National Challenges > Infectious Disease Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.