3,5-Di-C-β-D-glucopyranosyl phloroacetophenone, a major component of Melicope ptelefolia, suppresses fibroblast activation and alleviates arthritis in a mouse model: potential therapeutics for rheumatoid arthritis
Cited 4 time in
- 3,5-Di-C-β-D-glucopyranosyl phloroacetophenone, a major component of Melicope ptelefolia, suppresses fibroblast activation and alleviates arthritis in a mouse model: potential therapeutics for rheumatoid arthritis
- Hyun-Jong Kim; Ji Hyun Choi; Jung Hwan Hwang; Kyoung Shim Kim; Jung-Ran Noh; Dong Hee Choi; Sung-Je Moon; Hyun-Yong Kim; S W Kim; Sangho Choi; Sang Mi Eum; T T Bach; J Rho; J Y Lee; J G Park; Sei-Ryang Oh; Chul Ho Lee; W K Oh; Yong-Hoon Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 2763-2775
- Publication Year
- Melicope ptelefolia has been traditionally used to treat rheumatism and fever. The present study aimed to investigate the therapeutic effect of 3,5-di-C-β-D-glucopyranosyl phloroacetophenone (βGP), a main component of M. ptelefolia, on rheumatoid arthritis (RA). A model of collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) was established in mice using the RAW 264.7 murine macrophage cell line and mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs). The clinical scores of arthritis, swelling, histopathological findings, and micro-computed tomography in CIA mouse paws were assessed. The levels of anti-type II collagen antibody and cytokines were determined in the plasma and cell culture supernatant, respectively. Protein and gene expression levels were analyzed by western blot and reverse transcription-quantitative polymerase chain reaction analyses. βGP significantly decreased the gross arthritic scores of CIA mice and joint swelling, and decreased articular inflammation, cartilage degradation and bone erosion. However, βGP did not exert any effect on anti-type II collagen immunoglobulin G plasma levels or inflammatory cytokine expression in macrophages. βGP significantly suppressed the expression of interleukin-6 and leukemia inhibitory factor and decreased the phosphorylation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3, and expression of receptor activator of nuclear factor-κB ligand in tumor necrosis factor-α-stimulated MEFs and in CIA mouse paws. Osteoclast-related gene expression was significantly reduced in CIA mouse paws. Taken together, βGP suppressed the development of RA by regulating the activation of synovial fibroblasts.
- 3,5-di-C-β-D-glucopyranosyl phloroacetophenoneCollagen-induced arthritisMelicope ptelefoliaRheumatoid arthritisSynovial fibroblast
- Spandidos Publ Ltd
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Laboratory Animal Resource & Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > International Biological Material Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.