Rapid and efficient western blot assay by rotational cyclic draining and replenishing procedure = 연속 배수 및 보충 방식을 이용한 신속하고 효율적인 웨스턴 블롯 분석
Cited 4 time in
- Rapid and efficient western blot assay by rotational cyclic draining and replenishing procedure = 연속 배수 및 보충 방식을 이용한 신속하고 효율적인 웨스턴 블롯 분석
- Saba Sajjad; M T Do; H S Shin; Tae-Sung Yoon; Sunghyun Kang
- Bibliographic Citation
- Electrophoresis, vol. 39, no. 23, pp. 2974-2978
- Publication Year
- Western blot is a principal technique for the detection of specific proteins in various biology disciplines. The antibody incubation is an imperative step in western blot. Antibody incubation by mild shaking on a rocker is generally used to facilitate mixing of antibodies. However, mild shaking is an inefficient process to remove antibody depletion layer on blotting membrane and requires hours of incubation time to achieve antibody binding to target proteins. We propose an alternative method of cyclic draining and replenishing (CDR) incubation of antibody solution using a rotational incubation chamber. The study demonstrated that rotational CDR incubation could shorten antibody incubation time with enhanced sensitivity. Moreover, rotational CDR incubation could achieve a stronger antibody binding with lower antibody concentration when compared with batch incubation. In addition, rotational CDR incubation significantly improved the detection of low abundance proteins. This simple modification in western blot procedure makes it rapid, sensitive, and cost-efficient.
- Antibody incubation; Rotational CDR; Western blot
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.