Mediterraneibacter butyricigenes sp. nov., a butyrate-producing bacterium isolated from human faeces
Cited 8 time in
- Mediterraneibacter butyricigenes sp. nov., a butyrate-producing bacterium isolated from human faeces
- Ji Sun Kim; Keun Chul Lee; Min Kuk Seo; Kook-Il Han; Eom Mi Kyung; Ju Huck Lee; Seung Hwan Park; Se Won Kang; Jam-Eon Park; Byeong Seob Oh; Seung Yeob Yu; Seung Hyeon Choi; D H Lee; H Yoon; B Y Kim; S J Yang; Jung-Sook Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 38-44
- Publication Year
- A Gram-stain-positive, obligately anaerobic, non-motile, nonspore-forming, and rod-shaped bacterial strain, designated KGMB01110T, was isolated from a faecal sample of a healthy male in South Korea. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene showed that strain KGMB01110T belonged to Clostridium cluster XIVa and was most closely related to Mediterraneibacter glycyrrhizinilyticus KCTC 5760T (95.9% 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity). The DNA G + C content of strain KGMB01110T based on its whole genome sequence was 44.1 mol%. The major cellular fatty acids (> 10%) of the isolate were C14:0 and C16:0. The strain KGMB01110T was positive for arginine dihydrolase, β-galactosidase-6-phosphatase, and alkaline phosphatase. The strain KGMB01110T also produced acid from D-glucose and D-rhamnose, and hydrolyzed gelatin and aesculin. Furthermore, HPLC analysis and UV-tests of culture supernatant revealed that the strain KGMB01110T produced butyrate as the major end product of glucose fermentation. Based on the phylogenetic and phenotypic characteristics, strain KGMB01110T represent a novel species of the genus Mediterraneibacter in the family Lachnospiraceae. The type strain is KGMB01110T (= KCTC 15684T = CCUG 72830T).
- Mediterraneibacter butyricigenes sp. nov.; butyrate; human faeces
- Microbiological Society Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.