Anti-inflammatory effects of ethanol extract from the leaves and shoots of Cedrela odorata L. in cytokine-stimulated keratinocytes = 세드렐라 오도라타의 Keratinocyte 세포에서의 항염증 효과
Cited 0 time in
- Anti-inflammatory effects of ethanol extract from the leaves and shoots of Cedrela odorata L. in cytokine-stimulated keratinocytes = 세드렐라 오도라타의 Keratinocyte 세포에서의 항염증 효과
- Han-Sol Lee; Ji Won Park; Ok-Kyoung Kwon; Yourim Lim; Jung Hee Kim; Soo Yong Kim; N Zamora; K Rosales; Sangho Choi; Sei-Ryang Oh; Kyung Seop Ahn
- Bibliographic Citation
- Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, vol. 18, pp. 833-840
- Publication Year
- Cedrela odorata L. is a native plant of the Amazon region. The bark is used in folk remedies for the treatment of diarrhea, vomiting, fever and inflammation. Atopic dermatitis (AD) is a chronic, relapsing inflammatory skin disease accompanied by itching. It is a complex disease involving environmental factors and genetic factors. In the present study, the anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effects of C. odorata L. methanol extract (COEE) on tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α and interferon (IFN)-γ-stimulated HaCaT keratinocyte cells were investigated. ELISA and RT-PCR analysis revealed that the extract had anti-inflammatory effects, and reduced the interleukin (IL)-6 and IL-8 levels of the HaCaT cells. In addition, COEE exhibited anti-allergic effects, comprising a reduction in the thymus and activation-regulated chemokine and macrophage-derived chemokine levels. In addition, pathway analysis and comparison with Bay11-7082 indicated that these effects are due to the inhibition of nuclear factor (NF)-κB in TNF-α/IFN-γ-induced HaCaT cells. Therefore, the results of the present study suggest that COEE has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties in TNF-α and IFN-γ-stimulated HaCaT cells, which are associated with the inhibition of pro-inflammatory cytokines and chemokines via the NF-κB pathway.
- Cedrela odorata; Anti-inflammation; Atopic dermatitis; Chemokine; Pro-inflammatory cytokine
- Spandidos Publ Ltd
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of Bioinfrastructure > International Biological Material Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.