Olsenella faecalis sp. nov., an anaerobic actinobacterium isolated from human faeces
Cited 4 time in
- Olsenella faecalis sp. nov., an anaerobic actinobacterium isolated from human faeces
- Kook-Il Han; Keun Chul Lee; Mi Kyung Eom; Ji Sun Kim; Min Kuk Seo; Seung Hwan Park; Ju Huck Lee; Se Won Kang; Jam-Eon Park; Byeong Seob Oh; Seung Yeob Yu; Seung Hyeon Choi; D H Lee; H Yoon; B Y Kim; S J Yang; Jung-Sook Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 69, no. 8, pp. 2323-2328
- Publication Year
- A novel actinobacterial strain, designated KGMB04489T, was isolated from the faeces of a healthy Korean. Cells of the strain were strictly anaerobic, Gram-stain-positive and short-rod-shaped. On the basis of 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity, strain KGMB04489T belonged to the genus Olsenella and was most closely related to Olsenella scatoligenes SK9K4T (94.3%), Olsenella uli ATCC 49627T (93.5%), Olsenella umbonata lac31T (93.4%) and Olsenella profusa D315A-29T (93.3%). The major end product was lactic acid. The DNA G+C content was 65.5mol%. The major cellular fatty acids of strain KGMB04489T were C18:1cis9, C18:1cis9 DMA and C16:0. Strain KGMB04489T contained meso-diaminopimelic acid as the diamino acid in the peptidoglycan. The polar lipids consisted of an unidentified phospholipid, six unidentified glycolipids and an unidentified lipid. Based on phylogenetic, physiological and chemotaxonomic characteristics, strain KGMB04489T is considered to represent a novel species within the genus Olsenella, for which the name Olsenellafaecalis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is KGMB04489T (=KCTC 15699T=CCUG 72345T).
- Olsenella faecalis; actinobacteria; human faeces; taxonomy
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.