Lachnoanaerobaculum gingivalis sp. nov., isolated from human subgingival dental plaque of a gingivitis lesion
Cited 1 time in
- Lachnoanaerobaculum gingivalis sp. nov., isolated from human subgingival dental plaque of a gingivitis lesion
- Y K Lim; S N Park; E Jo; J H Shin; Young Hyo Chang; Yeseul Shin; Jayoung Paek; H Kim; J K Kook
- Bibliographic Citation
- Current Microbiology, vol. 76, no. 10, pp. 1147-1151
- Publication Year
- A novel Gram-stain-positive, obligately anaerobic, spore-forming rod, designated strain ChDC B114T, was isolated from a human dental plaque of a gingivitis lesion. The strain was characterized by polyphasic taxonomic analysis to identify it at the species level. The 16S ribosomal RNA gene (16S rDNA) sequence analysis revealed that the strain belongs to the genus Lachnoanaerobaculum. The percent similarity of the 16S rDNA of the strain was closest to the homologous gene sequence of Lachnoanaerobaculum orale N1T (98.5%) and Lachnoanaerobaculum saburreum CCUG 28089T (97.6%). The major fatty acids of strain ChDC B114T were C16:0 (30.7%), C14:0 (17.7%), iso-C19:0 (14.9%), and C17:0 2OH (12.0%). The draft genome of strain ChDC B114T was 3,097,953 bp in length. The G+C content of the strain was 35.9 mol %. Average nucleotide identity values between strain ChDC B114T and L. orale N1T and L. saburreum CCUG 28089T were 83.2% and 82.0%, respectively. Genome-to-genome distance values between strain ChDC B114T and L. orale N1T and L. saburreum CCUG 28089T were 26.8% (24.5-29.3%) and 26.30% (24.0-28.8%), respectively. Based on these results, strain ChDC B114T (=？KCOM 2030T？=？JCM 33452T) should be classified as a novel species of genus Lachnoanaerobaculum, for which the name Lachnoanaerobaculum gingivalis sp. nov. is proposed.
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of Bioinfrastructure > ABS Research Support Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.