Cited 5 time in
- Thermomonas aquatica sp. nov., isolated from an industrial wastewater treatment plant
- Jung Hyun Ju; Ji Sun Kim; Dae-Hee Lee; Jun Hyoung Jeon; Sun-Yeon Heo; Jeong-Woo Seo; Chul Ho Kim; Doo-Sang Park; Baek Rock Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 69, no. 11, pp. 3399-3404
- Publication Year
- A white-coloured, Gram-stain-negative, aerobic, rod-shaped bacterium (designated strain SY21T) was isolated from waste-activated sludge. Optimal growth occurred at 28°C and pH 7.0. Phylogenetic analysis based on the 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain SY21T exhibited 16S rRNA gene sequence similarities of 95.5-98.0% to Thermomonas species and clustered with the type species of the genus Thermomonas. In strain SY21T, the predominant respiratory quinone was ubiquinone Q-8, and the cellular fatty acids consisted mainly of iso-C15:0, C16:0, iso-C11:0 3-OH, summed feature 3 and summed feature 9. The major polar lipids were phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylglycerol and phosphatidylethanolamine. The genomic DNA G+C content was determined to be 67.9 mol% and the DNA-DNA relatedness between strain SY21T and the closest phylogenetically related strain, Thermomonas carbonis KCTC 42013T, was 35.0±0.1%. Based on the distinct phenotypic, chemotaxonomic and phylogenetic properties, strain SY21T represents a novel species of the genus Thermomonas, for which the name Thermomonas aquatica sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is SY21T (=KCTC 62191T=NBRC 113114T).
- Thermomonas aquatica sp. nov.; activated sludge; wastewater
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Synthetic Biology and Bioengineering Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Microbial Biotechnology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.