Anaerotignum faecicola sp. nov., isolated from human faeces
Cited 1 time in
- Anaerotignum faecicola sp. nov., isolated from human faeces
- Seung Hyeon Choi; Ji Sun Kim; Jam-Eon Park; Keun Chul Lee; Mi Kyung Eom; Byeong Seob Oh; Seung Yeob Yu; Se Won Kang; Kook-Il Han; Min Kuk Suh; D H Lee; H Yoon; B Y Kim; J H Lee; Ju Huck Lee; Jung-Sook Lee; Seung Hwan Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology, vol. 57, no. 12, pp. 1073-1078
- Publication Year
- A strictly anaerobic bacterium, designated as strain KGMB-03357T, was isolated from the faeces of a healthy Korean selected by Bundang Seoul National University based on health status. Cells of strain KGMB03357T are Gram-stain-positive, non-motile, non-spore-forming, and observed as straight or curved rods. The isolate grew at 10-45°C (optimum temperature of 40°C) and a pH range of 5.1-10.5 (optimum pH of 6.8). Analysis of phylogenetic trees based on the 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed that strain KGMB03357T forms a lineage within the genus Anaerotignum, and is most closely related to Anaerotignum lactatifermentans G17T (= KCTC 15066T, 96.1%), Anaerotignum propionicum DSM 1682T (= KCTC 5582T, 94.9%), Anaerotignum neopropionicum DSM 03847T (= KCTC 15564T, 94.9%), and Anaerotignum aminivorans SH021T (= KCTC 15705T, 94.8%). The ANI values between strain KGMB 03357T and members of the genus Anaerotignum were 73.3-71.0%, which are below the ANI criterion for interspecies identity. The DNA G + C content based on the whole-genome sequence is 47.3 mol%. The major cellular fatty acids of strain KGMB03357T are C16:0, C18:0, C18:1 cis 9, and anteiso-C15:0. Strain KGMB03357T contains meso-diaminopimelic acid as the diagnostic amino acid in the cell wall peptidoglycan. Based on the phenotypic, phylogenetic, and genomic properties, strain KGMB 03357T represents a novel species of the genus Anaerotignum, for which the name Anaerotignum faecicola sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is KGMB03357T (= KCTC 15736T = DSM 107953T).
- Anaerotignum faecicola; human faeces; microbiota; taxonomy
- Microbiological Society Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.