Cited 1 time in
- Effect of methyl jasmonate on the glucosinolate contents and whole genome expression in Brassica oleracea = 유묘기 양배추류에서 메틸자스모네이트에 의한 글루코시놀레이트 함량 변화 및 전사체 발현 분석
- Jeongyeo Lee; Sung Ran Min; Jaeeun Jung; Hyeran Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Plant Biotechnology, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 189-204
- Publication Year
- In this study, we analyzed the changes in glucosinolate content and gene expression in TO1000DH3 and Early big seedling upon methyl jasmonate (MeJA) treatment. Analysis of glucosinolate contents after MeJA treatment at 200 μM concentration showed that the total glucosinolate content increased by 1.3-1.5 fold in TO1000DH3 and 1.3-3.8 fold in Early big compared to those before treatment. Aliphatic glucosinolates, progoitrin and gluconapin, were detected only in TO1000DH3, and the changes in the content of neoglucobrassicin were the greatest at 48 hours after MeJA treatment in TO1000DH3 and Early big. The transcriptomic analysis showed that transcripts involved in stress or defense reactions, or those related to growth were specifically expressed in TO1000DH3, while transcripts related to nucleosides or ATP biosynthesis were specifically expressed in Early big. GO analysis on transcripts with more than two-fold change in expression upon MeJA treatment, corresponding to 12,020 transcripts in TO1000DH3 and 13,510 transcripts in Early big, showed that the expression of transcripts that react to stimulus and chemical increased in TO1000DH3 and Early big, while those related to singleorganism and ribosome synthesis decreased. In particular, the expression increased for all transcripts related to indole glucosinolate biosynthesis, which is associated with increase in glucobrassicin and neoglucobrassicin contents. Upon MeJA treatment, the expression of AOP3 (Bo9g006220, Bo9g006240), TGG1 (Bo14804s010) increased only in TO1000DH3, while the expression of Dof1.1 (Bo5g008360), UGT74C1 (Bo4g177540), and GSL-OH (Bo4g173560, Bo4g173550, Bo4g173530) increased specifically in Early big.
- Brassica oleraceaMethyl jasmonateGlucosinolateTranscriptome
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Plant Systems Engineering Research > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.