Marimonas lutisalis sp. nov., isolated from a tidal mudflat and emended description of the genus Marimonas
Cited 0 time in
- Marimonas lutisalis sp. nov., isolated from a tidal mudflat and emended description of the genus Marimonas
- S D Lee; D Jeon; Y J Kim; I S Kim; Hanna Choe; Ji Sun Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 259-266
- Publication Year
- A Gram-reaction-negative bacterial strain, designated GH1-19T, was isolated from a tidal mudflat sample collected in Gangwha Island, Republic of Korea. Cells of the novel micro-organism were strictly aerobic, non-sporulating, motile and rod-shaped. Growth occurred at 10-40°C (optimum, 30°C), pH 6-9 (pH 8) and in the presence of 1-9% NaCl (3 %). Comparative analysis of complete or nearly complete 16S rRNA gene sequences exhibited that strain GH1-19T formed a distinct cluster between Marimonas arenosa CAU 1311T (97.42% sequence similarity) and Aquicoccus porphyridii L1 8-17T (97.35 %). Similarity levels of 16S rRNA gene sequences between the novel strain and other members of the family Rhodobacteraceae were below 96.6%. The isoprenoid quinone was Q-10. The major fatty acids were C18:1 ω7c, C16:0, summed feature 3 (C16:0 ω7c and/or C16:0 ω6c) and C12:0 3-OH. The polar lipids consisted of diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylglycerol, an unidentified aminolipid, an unidentified phospholipid and an unidentified lipid. The G+C content of the DNA was 63.2 mol% (draft genome). DNA-DNA relatedness value between the novel strain and the type strain of Marimonas arenosa was 12.7±9.0 %. On the basis of data from phenotypic, chemotaxonomic and DNA-DNA hybridization studies together with phylogenetic analyses, strain GH1-19T (=KCTC 62376T=DSM 106292T) represents a novel species of the genus Marimonas, for which the name Marimonas lutisalis sp. nov. is proposed, with the emended description of the genus Marimonas.
- AquicoccusMarimonas lutisalisgenometidal mudflat16S rRNA gene
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.