Paenibacillus oralis sp. nov., isolated from human subgingival dental plaque of gingivitis lesion
Cited 0 time in
- Paenibacillus oralis sp. nov., isolated from human subgingival dental plaque of gingivitis lesion
- S N Park; Y K Lim; J H Shin; E Jo; Young Hyo Chang; Yeseul Shin; Ja Young Paek; H Kim; J K Kook
- Bibliographic Citation
- Current Microbiology, vol. 77, pp. 509-515
- Publication Year
- A Gram-stain-negative, facultative anaerobic, spore-forming, motile, and rod-shaped bacterium, strain ChDC PVNT-B20T, was isolated from the human subgingival dental plaque of a gingivitis lesion. Phylogenetic analysis based on the 16S ribosomal RNA gene (16S rDNA) showed that the strain belonged to the genus Paenibacillus. BLAST analysis of 16S rDNA sequence of the strain displayed high identity to those of Paenibacillus faecis DSM 23593T (97.7% similarity) and Paenibacillus macerans ATCC 8244T (97.6% similarity). Draft genome of strain ChDC PVNT-B20T was composed of 8,112,407 bp. The DNA G+C content of the strain was 51.3 mol%. Average nucleotide identity values between strain ChDC PVNT-B20T and P. faecis DSM 23593T or P. macerans ATCC 8244T were 75.71% and 91.5%, respectively. Genome-to-genome distance values between strain ChDC PVNT-B20T and P. faecis DSM 23593T or P. macerans ATCC 8244T were 21.6% (19.3-24.0%) and 44.9% (42.3-47.4%), respectively. Major cellular fatty acids of strain ChDC PVNT-B20T were anteiso-C15:0 (43.4%), C16:0 (16.6%), iso-C16:0 (14.4%), and anteiso-C17:0 (12.4%). The sole respiratory quinone of the strain was menaqinone-7. Major polar lipids of the strain were phosphatidylglycerol (PG), diphosphatidylglycerol (DPG), and one unidentified glycolipid (GL). Minor polar lipids were one unidentified aminolipid (AL), one unidentified phospholipid (PL), and three unidentified lipids (L1-L3). Based on these results, strain ChDC PVNT-B20T is considered to represent a novel species of the genus Paenibacillus, for which the name Paenibacillus oralis sp. nov. is proposed. Type strain is ChDC PVNT-B20T (=？KCOM 3021T？=？JCM 33462 T).
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of Bioinfrastructure > ABS Research Support Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.