Simple, rapid, and accurate malaria diagnostic platform using microfluidic-based immunoassay of Plasmodium falciparum lactate dehydrogenase
Cited 3 time in
- Simple, rapid, and accurate malaria diagnostic platform using microfluidic-based immunoassay of Plasmodium falciparum lactate dehydrogenase
- Wang Sik Lee; Taejoon Kang; K J Kwak; K Park; S Y Yi; U J Lee; Yong Beom Shin; Jinyoung Jeong
- Bibliographic Citation
- Nano Convergence, vol. 7, pp. 13-13
- Publication Year
- This work reports on a rapid diagnostic platform for the detection of Plasmodium falciparum lactate dehydrogenase (PfLDH), a representative malaria biomarker, using a microfluidic microplate-based immunoassay. In this study, the microfluidic microplate made it possible to diagnose PfLDH with a small volume of sample (only 5 μL) and short time (<？90 min) compared to conventional immunoassays such as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). Moreover, the diagnostic performance of PfLDH showed high sensitivity, specificity, and selectivity (i.e., 0.025 pg/μL in phosphate-buffered saline and 1 pg/μL in human serum). The microfluidic-based microplate sensing platform has the potential to adapt simple, rapid, and accurate diagnoses to the practical detection of malaria.
- Diagnosis; Immunoassay; Malaria; Microfluidic microplate; PfLDH
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Bionanotechnology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Research on National Challenges > Environmental diseases research center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.