Cited 3 time in
- RNA-seq based transcriptome analysis of EHMT2 functions in breast cancer
- Kwangho Kim; Tae Young Ryu; Jea Woon Ryu; Tae Su Han; Cho Rok Jung; Mi Young Son; Dae Soo Kim; Hyun Soo Cho
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 524, pp. 672-676
- Publication Year
- For breast cancer treatment, hormone therapy is effective for hormone receptor-positive breast cancer but not for TNBC (triple-negative breast cancer). Thus, many researchers have attempted to identify more effective therapeutic candidates for all subtypes of breast cancer. In this study, we established an RNA-seq analytical pipeline to analyze the subtype-specific functions of EHMT2 in the MB231 and MCF7 cell lines. After EHMT2 knockdown, we identified subtype-specific DEGs (differentially expressed genes) and overlapping DEGs. Through GO (Gene Ontology) analysis, GSEA (gene set enrichment analysis), and KEGG (Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes) analysis using the DEGs, we identified the subtype-specific functions of EHMT2 in the MB231 and MCF7 cell lines. Therefore, herein, we suggest that EHMT2 is an attractive therapeutic target for the treatment of all types of breast cancer.
- Breast cancerEHMT2RNA-seq
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Biotherapeutics Translational Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Research on National Challenges > Stem Cell Convergenece Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.