Jejubacter calystegiae gen. nov., sp. nov., moderately halophilic, a new member of the family Enterobacteriaceae, isolated from beach morning glory
Cited 2 time in
- Jejubacter calystegiae gen. nov., sp. nov., moderately halophilic, a new member of the family Enterobacteriaceae, isolated from beach morning glory
- L Jiang; D Wang; Jung-Sook Lee; D H Kim; Jae Cheol Jeong; Cha Young Kim; Suk Weon Kim; Jiyoung Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 357-366
- Publication Year
- Strain KSNA2T, a Gram-negative, moderately halophilic, facultatively anaerobic, motile, rod-shaped bacterium, was isolated from the surface-sterilized stem tissue of a beach morning glory (Cafystegia soldanella) plant in Chuja Island, Jeju-do, Republic of Korea. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene and whole-genome sequences revealed that strain KSNA2T formed a distinct lineage within the family Enterobacteriaceae, with the highest 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity to Izhakiella australiensis KCTC 72143 (96.2%) and Izhakiella capsodis KCTC 72142T (96.0%), exhibited 95.5-95.9% similarity to other genera in the family Enterobacter-iaceae and Erwiniaceae. Conserved signature indels analysis elucidated that strain KSNA2T was delimited into family Enterobacteriaceae. KSNA2 genome comprises a circular chromosome of 5,182,800 bp with 56.1% G + C content Digital DNA-DNA relatedness levels between strain KSNA2T and 18 closely related species were 19.3 to 21.1%. Average nucleotide identity values were between 72.0 and 76.7%. Growth of strain KSNA2T was observed at 4 to 45°C (optimum, 25°C) and pH 5.0 to 12.0 (optimum, pH 7.0) in the presence of 0 to 11% (w/v) NaCl (optimum, 0-7%). The major cellular fatty acids (>10%) were C16:o followed by summed feature 8 (C18ω7c and/or C18ω6c), summed feature 3 (C16:1 ω7c and/or C16:1 ω6c), C17:0cyclo, and C14:0. The major isoprenoid quinone was ubiquinone-8 (Q-8). With combined phylogenetic, genomic, phenotypic, and chemotaxo-nomic features, strain KSNA2T represents a novel species of a new genus in the family Enterobacteriaceae, for which the name Jejubacter calystegiae gen. nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is KSNA2T (= KCTC 72234T = CCTCC AB 2019098T).
- beach morning glory; endophytic bacterium; halophile; Jejubacter calystegiae
- Microbiological Society Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.