Induced extracellular production of stilbenes in grapevine cell culture medium by elicitation with methyl jasmonate and stevioside
Cited 6 time in
- Induced extracellular production of stilbenes in grapevine cell culture medium by elicitation with methyl jasmonate and stevioside
- Jeong Yu Jeong; Park Su Hyun; Sung Chul Park; Soyoung Kim; Tae Hee Kim; Jiyoung Lee; Suk Weon Kim; Young Bae Ryu; Jae Cheol Jeong; Cha Young Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioresources and Bioprocessing, vol. 7, pp. 38-38
- Publication Year
- We report the high production of stilbenes, including resveratrol and viniferin, in grapevine (Vitis labruscana L.) cell cultures through elicitation with methyl jasmonate (MeJA) and stevioside (STE). Methyl-β-cyclodextrin (MeβCD) is widely used as a solubilizer for resveratrol production. For the first time, we used STE as a solubilizer for stilbene production in plant cell cultures. MeJA was most effective elicitor in activating VvSTS expression and stimulating stilbene biosynthesis in grapevine cell cultures. The maximum concentration of δ-viniferin (892.2 mg/L) production with a small amount of trans-resveratrol (12.2 mg/L) was observed in the culture medium by co-treatment of cells with MeJA and STE, whereas the highest level of trans-resveratrol (371.9 mg/L) with a slight amount of δ-viniferin (11.5 mg/L) was accumulated in the culture medium of cells treated with MeJA and MeβCD. However, neither trans-resveratrol nor δ-viniferin were significantly elevated within the cells by the applications. Notably, predominant production of δ-viniferin and trans-resveratrol was observed in shake and static flask culture medium, respectively, by co-treatment of MeJA and STE. Furthermore, stilbene compounds of resveratrol, ε-viniferin, and δ-viniferin were mainly produced in a 3-L bioreactor culture following elicitation of cells with MeJA and STE. These results provide new strategies for conditional, high-level production of resveratrol and viniferin in cell cultures by utilizing the solubilizing properties of STE or MeβCD.
- Grapevine; Cell cultures; Stilbenes; Viniferin; Resveratrol; Stevioside
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.