Cited 1 time in
- MAM domain containing 2 is a potential breast cancer biomarker that exhibits tumour-suppressive activity
- H Lee; B C Park; Jong Soon Kang; Y Chheon; S Lee; P J Maeng
- Bibliographic Citation
- Cell Proliferation, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. e12883-e12883
- Publication Year
- Objectives :
The aim of this study was to discover new potential biomarkers of breast cancer and investigate their cellular functions.
Materials and methods :
We analysed the gene expression profiles of matched pairs of breast tumour and normal tissues from 24 breast cancer patients. Tetracycline-inducible MAMDC2 expression system was established and used to evaluate cell proliferation in vitro and in vivo. MAMDC2-mediated signalling was determined using immunoblot analysis.
We identified MAMDC2 as a down-regulated gene showing significant prognostic capability. Overexpression of MAMDC2 or treatment with MAMDC2-containing culture medium significantly inhibited the cell proliferation of T-47D cells. Furthermore, MAMDC2 expression reduced in vivo growth of T-47D xenograft tumours. MAMDC2 may exert its growth-inhibitory functions by attenuating the MAPK signalling pathway.
We report that MAMDC2 has a tumour-suppressive role and, as a secretory protein, it might be useful as a biomarker for breast cancer treatment.
- Biomarkers; Breast cancer; Cell proliferation; Tumour suppressor
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of Bioinfrastructure > Laboratory Animal Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.