DK-1108 exerts anti-inflammatory activity against phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate-induced inflammation and protective effect against OVA-induced allergic asthma = DK-1108의 알러지천식 모델에서의 항염효과
Cited 8 time in
- DK-1108 exerts anti-inflammatory activity against phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate-induced inflammation and protective effect against OVA-induced allergic asthma = DK-1108의 알러지천식 모델에서의 항염효과
- Ok-Kyoung Kwon; Jae-Won Lee; X Xuezhen; D S Harmalkar; J G Song; Ji Won Park; Daseul Hwang; Jaehong Min; Jung Hee Kim; H K Han; H G Jeong; Sei-Ryang Oh; Kyung Seop Ahn; K Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, vol. 132, pp. 110950-110950
- Publication Year
- There is an increasing interest in natural products and their derivatives with therapeutic benefits and less side effects compared to steroid therapy. Benzofuran derivatives display biological effects including anti-inflammatory effects. The present study aims to investigate whether (3-(7-methoxy-2-p-tolyl benzofuran-5-yl) propan-1-ol) (DK-1108), new synthetic benzofuran compound exerts anti-asthmatic effects in vitro and in vivo. DK-1108 strongly reduced the production of inflammatory mediators, cytokines and chemokines in RAW264.7 and A549 cells. DK-1108 significantly regulated the levels of AKT/MAPKs/c-Jun activation, AP-1 luciferase activity and ICAM-1 expression. Furthermore, DK-1108 effectively suppressed the adhesion of A549 and EOL-1 cells. In OVA-induced asthmatic mice, DK-1108 decreased the levels of IL-5/IL-13/IgE production, eosinophils/macrophages influx, ICAM-1/MCP-1 expression, mucus secretion and airway hyperresponsiveness (AHR). These effects of DK-1108 were accompanied by downregulation of MAPKs activation. Therefore, we suggest that DK-1108 exerts protective effect against airway inflammation and mucus overproduction, and therefore could be valuable therapeutic agent for treatment in asthma.
- DK-1108InflammationAsthmaICAM-1MAPKTh2 cytokines
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Bio-Resource Central Bank > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.