Cited 0 time in
- Lentilactobacillus kribbianus sp. nov., isolated from the small intestine of a mini pig
- L Bai; Jayoung Paek; Yeseul Shin; Ho Yong Park; Young Hyo Chang
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 70, no. 12, pp. 6476-6481
- Publication Year
- A Gram-stain-positive, facultative anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria isolated from the small intestine of a mini pig was designated as strain YH-lac9T. 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis revealed that the strain belongs to the genus Lentilactobacillus and is closely related to Lentilactobacillus senioris JCM 17472T, Lentilactobacillus rapi JCM 15042T and Lentilactobacillus diolivorans JCM 13927T, with 97.6, 96.2 and 95.7 % sequence similarity, respectively. Analysis of housekeeping gene sequences (pheS and recA) revealed that the strain formed a sub-cluster with L. senioris, supporting the results of 16S rRNA gene sequences analysis. The average nucleotide identity value for YH-lac9T and the most closely related strain is 74.1 %. The main fatty acids are C18 : 1ω9c, summed feature 7, C16 : 0 and summed feature 8. The G+C content of the genomic DNA is 37.8 mol%. In view of its chemotaxonomic, phenotypic and phylogenetic properties, YH-lac9T (=KCTC 25005=JCM 33997) represents a novel taxon. The name Lentilactobacillus kribbianus sp. nov. is proposed.
- Lentilactobacillus kribbianus sp. nov.; Lentilactobacillus; Mini pig; New species
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of Bioinfrastructure > ABS Research Support Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.