Rapid identification of isoprenylated flavonoids constituents with inhibitory activity on bacterial neuraminidase from root barks of paper mulberry (Broussonetia papyrifera)
Cited 6 time in
- Rapid identification of isoprenylated flavonoids constituents with inhibitory activity on bacterial neuraminidase from root barks of paper mulberry (Broussonetia papyrifera)
- Mi Hyeon Park; Sunin Jung; H J Yuk; Hyun-Jae Jang; Won Jun Kim; Doo-Young Kim; GyuTae Lim; Jinhyuk Lee; Sei-Ryang Oh; Su Ui Lee; Hyung Won Ryu
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, vol. 174, pp. 61-68
- Publication Year
- This study was to assess the possibility of using competitive and slow binding experiments with affinity-based ultrafiltration UPLC-QTof-MS analysis to identify potent bacterial neuraminidase (bNA) inhibitors from the Broussonetia papyrifera roots extract. To isolate unbound compounds from the enzyme-binding complex, the root bark extracts were either incubated in the absence of bNA, in the presence of bNA, or with the time-dependent bNA before the ultrafiltration was performed. Thirteen flavonoids were separated from the target extract, and their inhibitory activities were tested against bNA. The isolated flavonoids exhibited potent inhibition against NA (IC50 = 0.7-54.0 μM). Our kinetic analysis of representative active flavonoids (1, 2, and 6) showed slow and time-dependent reversible inhibition. Additionally, chalcones exhibited noncompetitive inhibition characteristics, whereas flavonols and flavans showed mixed-type behavior. The computational results supported the experimental behaviors of flavonoids 2, 6, 10, and 12, indicating that bounded to the active site, but flavonoids 6 and 10 binds near but not accurately at the active site. Although this is mixed-type inhibition, their binding can be considered competitive.
- Affinity-based ultrafiltrationBroussonetia papyrifera rootsBacterial neuraminidase docking
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Bio-Resource Central Bank > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Disease Target Structure Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.