Nocardioides cynanchi sp. nov., isolated from soil of rhizosphere of Cynanchum wilfordii
Cited 3 time in
- Nocardioides cynanchi sp. nov., isolated from soil of rhizosphere of Cynanchum wilfordii
- Min Kuk Suh; Keun Chul Lee; Ji Sun Kim; Kook-Il Han; Han Sol Kim; Mi Kyung Eom; Y K Shin; Jung-Sook Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 004640-004640
- Publication Year
- A novel actinobacterial strain, SB3-45T, was isolated from soil of Cynanchum wilfordii rhizosphere, Jaecheon-si, Chungcheongbuk-do, Republic of Korea. Strain SB3-45T, was Gram-stain-positive, aerobic and coccoid to short rod-shaped bacterium. Growth occurred at 4-37°C (optimum 28°C), pH 5-8 (optimum pH 7) and 0-2.5% NaCl (optimum 0%). Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequence showed that strain SB3-45T belonged to the genus Nocardioides and was closely related to Nocardioides opuntiae OS-21T (96.2%) and Nocardioides panacihumi Gsoil 616T (95.9%). ll-DAP as the diamino acid in the peptidoglycan and the menaquinone MK-8(H4) as the predominant isoprenoid quinone were detected. The polar lipids of strain SB3-45T were diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylinositol and unidentified phospholipid. The major cellular fatty acids (>5%) of strain SB3-45T were iso-C16:0, C18:1ω9c and C17:0. Based on phylogenetic, physiological and chemotaxonomic characteristics, strain SB3-45T represents a novel species of the genus Nocardioides, for which the name Nocardioides cynanchi sp.nov. is proposed. The type strain is SB3-45T (=KCTC 49133T=NBRC 114107T).
- Nocardioides cynanchi. rhizosphereAnctinobacteriaTaxonomy
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.