Complete genome sequence of artemisia virus B, a new polerovirus infecting Artemisia princeps in South Korea
Cited 2 time in
- Complete genome sequence of artemisia virus B, a new polerovirus infecting Artemisia princeps in South Korea
- D Igori; S Lim; Hye Sun Cho; Hyun-Soon Kim; Jeong Mee Park; Hyo Jun Lee; K J Hong; Suk Yoon Kwon; Jae Sun Moon
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Virology, vol. 166, no. 5, pp. 1495-1499
- Publication Year
- The complete genome sequence of a new polerovirus found naturally infecting Artemisia princeps, artemisia virus B (ArtVB), was determined using high-throughput sequencing. The ArtVB genome comprises 6,141 nucleotides and contains six putative open reading frames (ORF0 to ORF5) with a genome structure typical of poleroviruses. A multiple sequence alignment showed that the complete ArtVB genome shares 50.98% nucleotide sequence identity with ixeridium yellow mottle virus 1 (IxYMaV-1, GenBank accession no. KT868949). ArtVB shares the highest amino acid sequence identity in P0 and P3-P5 (21.54%-51.69%) with other known poleroviruses. Phylogenetic analysis indicated that ArtVB should be considered a member of a new species within the genus Polerovirus, family Luteoviridae.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.