Building consensus on definition and nomenclature of hepatic, pancreatic, and biliary organoids
Cited 3 time in
- Building consensus on definition and nomenclature of hepatic, pancreatic, and biliary organoids
- A Marsee; F J M Roos; M M A Verstegen; HPB Organoid Consortium; H Gehart; E Koning; F Lemaigre; S J Forbes; W C Peng; M Huch; T Takebe; L Vallier; H Clevers; L J W Laan; B Spee; Seonju Mun; Myung Jin Son
- Bibliographic Citation
- Cell Stem Cell, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 816-832
- Publication Year
- Hepatic, pancreatic, and biliary (HPB) organoids are powerful tools for studying development, disease, and regeneration. As organoid research expands, the need for clear definitions and nomenclature describing these systems also grows. To facilitate scientific communication and consistent interpretation, we revisit the concept of an organoid and introduce an intuitive classification system and nomenclature for describing these 3D structures through the consensus of experts in the field. To promote the standardization and validation of HPB organoids, we propose guidelines for establishing, characterizing, and benchmarking future systems. Finally, we address some of the major challenges to the clinical application of organoids.
- Elsevier-Cell Press
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Stem Cell Convergenece Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.