The human TOR signaling regulator is the key indicator of liver cancer patients' overall survival: TIPRL/LC3/CD133/CD44 as potential biomarkers for early liver cancers
Cited 0 time in
- The human TOR signaling regulator is the key indicator of liver cancer patients' overall survival: TIPRL/LC3/CD133/CD44 as potential biomarkers for early liver cancers
- Soo Young Jun; Hyang Ran Yoon; Ji Yong Yoon; Su Jin Jeon; Jeong Ju Lee; D Halder; J M Kim; Nam-Soon Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Cancers, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 2925-2925
- Publication Year
- Recently, we reported the involvement of TIPRL/LC3/CD133 in liver cancer aggressive-ness. This study assessed the human TOR signaling regulator (TIPRL)/microtubule-associated light chain 3 (LC3)/prominin-1 (CD133)/cluster of differentiation 44 (CD44) as potential diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers for early liver cancer. For the assessment, we stained tissues of human liver disease/cancer with antibodies against TIPRL/LC3/CD133/CD44/CD46, followed by con-focal observation. The roles of TIPRL/LC3/CD133/CD44/CD46 in liver normal and cancer cell lines were determined by in vitro studies. We analyzed the prognostic and diagnostic potentials of TIPRL/LC3/CD133/CD44/CD46 using the receiver-operating characteristic curve, a Kaplan？Meier and uni-/multi-Cox analyses. TIPRL and LC3 were upregulated in tissues of HCCs and adult hepatocytes-derived liver diseases while downregulated in iCCA. Intriguingly, TIPRL levels were found to be critically associated with liver cancer patients’ survivability, and TIPRL is the key player in liver cancer cell proliferation and viability via stemness and self-renewal induction. Further-more, we demonstrate that TIPRL/LC3/CD133 have shown prominent efficiency for diagnosing patients with grade 1 iCCA. TIPRL/LC3/CD133/CD44 have also provided excellent potential for prognosticating patients with grade 1 iCCA and grade 1 HCCs, together with demonstrating that TIPRL/LC3/CD133/CD44 are, either individually or in conjunction, potential biomarkers for early liver cancer. ⓒ 2021 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland.
- Liver cancer; Human TOR signaling regulator (TIPRL); Microtubule-associated light chain 3 (LC3); Prominin-1 (CD133); Cluster of differentiation 44 (CD44); Receiver-operating characteristic (ROC) curve; Kaplan？Meier analysis; Uni-/multi-Cox analyses; hepatocellular carcinomas (HCCs); Intrahepatic carcinomas (iCCA)
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Immunotherapy Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Rare Disease Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.