Duganella aceris sp. nov., isolated from tree sap and proposal to transfer of Rugamonas aquatica and Rugamonas rivuli to the genus Duganella as Duganella aquatica comb. nov., with the emended description of the genus Rugamonas
Cited 2 time in
- Duganella aceris sp. nov., isolated from tree sap and proposal to transfer of Rugamonas aquatica and Rugamonas rivuli to the genus Duganella as Duganella aquatica comb. nov., with the emended description of the genus Rugamonas
- D Jeon; I S Kim; Hanna Choe; Ji Sun Kim; S D Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Microbiology, vol. 203, no. 6, pp. 2843-2852
- Publication Year
- A Gram-reaction-negative, strictly aerobic, betaproteobacterial strain, designated SAP-35T, was isolated from sap extracted from Acer pictum in Mt. Halla in Jeju, Republic of Korea, and its taxonomic status was examined by a polyphasic approach. Cells of the organism were non-sporulating, motile rods and grew at 4-30 °C, pH 6-7 and in the absence of NaCl. 16S rRNA gene- and whole genome-based phylogenetic analyses showed that strain SAP-35T belonged to the family Oxalobacteraceae and was closely related to Rugamonas rivuli (98.9% 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity) and Rugamonas aquatica (98.4%). The phylogenomic clustering and average amino acid identity values supported that strain SAP-35T belonged to the genus Duganella and two Rugamonas species should be transferred to the genus Duganella. The major isoprenoid quinone of the isolate was Q-8. The major polar lipids were phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylglycerol and an unidentified aminophospholipid. The predominant fatty acids were summed feature 3, C16:0 and C17:0 cyclo. The G + C content of genome was 64.9%. The average nucleotide identity and dDDH values between strain SAP-35T and the members of the genera Rugamonas and Duganella were < 85.1% and < 49%, respectively. Based on the combined data presented here, strain SAP-35T (= KCTC 72227T = NBRC 113903T) represents a novel species of the genus Duganella, for which the name Duganella aceris sp. nov. is proposed. Also, Rugamonas aquatica Lu et al. (Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 70: 3328-3334, 2020) and Rugamonas aquatica Lu et al. 2020 are reclassified as Duganella aquatica comb. nov., with the emended description of the genus Rugamonas.
- Duganella acerisDuganella aquaticaTree sapAcer pictumGenome analysis
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.