Gomisin M2 ameliorates atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions via inhibition of STAT1 and NF-kB activation in 2,4-Dinitrochlorobenzene/Dermatophagoides farinae extract-induced BALB/c mice
Cited 2 time in
- Gomisin M2 ameliorates atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions via inhibition of STAT1 and NF-kB activation in 2,4-Dinitrochlorobenzene/Dermatophagoides farinae extract-induced BALB/c mice
- J Kang; Soyoung Lee; N Kim; H Dhakal; T K Kwon; E N Kim; G S Jeong; S H Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Molecules, vol. 26, no. 15, pp. 4409-4409
- Publication Year
- The extracts of Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill. (Schisandraceae) have various therapeutic effects, including inflammation and allergy. In this study, gomisin M2 (GM2) was isolated from S. chinensis and its beneficial effects were assessed against atopic dermatitis (AD). We evaluated the therapeutic effects of GM2 on 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene (DNCB) and Dermatophagoides farinae extract (DFE)-induced AD-like skin lesions with BALB/c mice ears and within the tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α and interferon (IFN)-γ-stimulated keratinocytes. The oral administration of GM2 resulted in reduced epidermal and dermal thickness, infiltration of tissue eosinophils, mast cells, and helper T cells in AD-like lesions. GM2 suppressed the expression of IL-1β, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-12a, and TSLP in ear tissue and the expression of IFN-γ, IL-4, and IL-17A in auricular lymph nodes. GM2 also inhibited STAT1 and NF-κB phosphorylation in DNCB/DFE-induced AD-like lesions. The oral administration of GM2 reduced levels of IgE (DFE-specific and total) and IgG2a in the mice sera, as well as protein levels of IL-4, IL-6, and TSLP in ear tissues. In TNF-α/IFN-γ-stimulated keratinocytes, GM2 significantly inhibited IL-1β, IL-6, CXCL8, and CCL22 through the suppression of STAT1 phosphorylation and the nuclear translocation of NF-κB. Taken together, these results indicate that GM2 is a biologically active compound that exhibits inhibitory effects on skin inflammation and suggests that GM2 might serve as a remedy in inflammatory skin diseases, specifically on AD.
- Atopic dermatitisGomisin M2Dermatophagoides farinae extractKeratinocytes2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.