Metallococcus carri gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel member of the family Dermacoccaceae isolated from an automotive air conditioning system
Cited 0 time in
- Metallococcus carri gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel member of the family Dermacoccaceae isolated from an automotive air conditioning system
- J S Lim; H Lee; J Son; Song-Gun Kim; D U Kim; J O Ka
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Microbiology, vol. 203, no. 7, pp. 4073-4079
- Publication Year
- Strain designated DB0510T was isolated from an automobile evaporator core collected in Korea. Cells are gram-stain-positive, aerobic, and coccoid. The strain grew at 15-45 ℃, pH 5.0-8.5 and 0-8.0% (w/v) NaCl. Growth occurs on R2A, trypticase soy agar, Luria-Bertani agar, and nutrient agar. Phylogenetic analysis showed that the strain belongs to the family Dermacoccaceae and strain DB0510T was distinctly separated from validly named genera of this family. Signature nucleotides in 16S rRNA gene sequence revealed that the strain contained the Dermacoccaceae family-specific 16S rRNA signature nucleotides patterns. The major fatty acids were C17:0 and C17:1 cis-9. The only menaquinone was MK-8 (H4). The polar lipids were phosphatidylglycerol, diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylinositol, phosphatidylinositol mannoside, and two unidentified lipids. The diagnostic cell-wall amino acid at position 3 of the peptide subunit was found to be lysine. The cell-wall peptidoglycan contained alanine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, glycine, lysine, and serine and thus the peptidoglycan type was concluded to be of A4α type with Lys-Gly-Ser-Asp interpeptide bridge. The genome size was 3.49 Mbp and G + C content of the genome DNA was 69.4 mol%. On the basis of the phenotypic, genomic, and chemotaxonomic characteristics, strain DB0510T is considered to represent a novel genus and species within the family Dermacoccaceae, for which the name Metallococcus carri gen. nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain of Metallococcus carri is DB0510T (= KACC 19663 T = NBRC 113349 T).
- Metallococcus carriNovel genusNovel speciesAutomobile air conditioning systemPolyphasic taxonomy
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.