Collinsella acetigenes sp. nov., an anaerobic actinobacterium isolated from human feces, and emended description of the genus Collinsella and Collinsella aerofaciens
Cited 1 time in
- Collinsella acetigenes sp. nov., an anaerobic actinobacterium isolated from human feces, and emended description of the genus Collinsella and Collinsella aerofaciens
- Kook-Il Han; Ji Sun Kim; Mi Kyung Eom; Keun Chul Lee; Min Kuk Suh; Han Sol Kim; Seung Hwan Park; Ju Huck Lee; Se Won Kang; Jam-Eon Park; Byeong Seob Oh; Seoung Woo Ryu; Seung Yeob Yu; Seung-Hyeon Choi; D H Lee; H Yoon; B Y Kim; J H Lee; Jung-Sook Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Current Microbiology, vol. 78, no. 10, pp. 3667-3673
- Publication Year
- A novel actinobacterial strain, Gram-positive, anaerobic, non-motile, and rod-shaped, designated KGMB02528T, was isolated from healthy human feces. Cells of strain KGMB02528T grew optimally at pH 7.0 and 37 °C and in the presence of 0% (w/v) NaCl. Based on 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity, strain KGMB04489T belonged to the genus Collinsella and was most closely related to Collinsella aerofaciens DSM 17552T (95.8%). The DNA G + C content was 58.0 mol%. The major cellular fatty acids (> 10%) were C16:0 DMA, C16:0 ALDE, C14:0 DMA, and C12:0. The predominant end product of fermentation was acetic acid. The cell wall peptidoglycan of strain KGMB02528T contained alanine, glutamic acid, and lysine, while diaminopimelic acid was not detected. The polar lipids were composed of two unidentified phospholipids and unidentified nine glycolipids. Based on the phenotypic, chemotaxonomic, and phylogenetic properties, strain KGMB02528T represents a novel species of the genus Collinsella, for which the name Collinsella acetigenes sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is Collinsella acetigenes KGMB02528T (= KCTC 15847T = CCUG 73987T). The description of the genus Collinsella is emended to accommodate the new species.The GenBank/EMBL/DDBJ accession number for the 16S rRNA gene sequence of Collinsella acetigenes KGMB02528T is MT117838. The whole-genome shotgun BioProject number is PRJNA623694 with the accession number JABBCP000000000.
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.