Gymnodinialimonas ceratoperidinii gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from rare marine dinoflagellate Ceratoperidinium margalefii
Cited 0 time in
- Gymnodinialimonas ceratoperidinii gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from rare marine dinoflagellate Ceratoperidinium margalefii
- Yue Jiang; Yuxin Peng; H H Shin; H J Kim; Ki Hyun Kim; Lingmin Jiang; Jiyoung Lee; Zhun Li
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Microbiology, vol. 204, no. 3, pp. 185-185
- Publication Year
- A bacterial strain, designated J12C1-MA-4T, was isolated from liquid culture of the dinoflagellate Ceratoperidinium margalefii. The bacterium was Gram-negative, aerobic, and rod-shaped. Oxidase and catalase were positive. Optimal growth was observed at 30 °C, pH 7.0, in the presence of 1% (w/v) NaCl. Phylogenetic analyses based on 16S rRNA gene and a 92 core gene set suggested that the strain J12C1-MA-4T belongs to the family Rhodobacteraceae in the class Alphaproteobacteria and represents a taxon separated from other genera. 16S rRNA gene sequence of the strain J12C1-MA-4T showed high similarities to Loktanella ponticola KCTC 42133T (95.7%), Pseudooctadecabacter jejudonensis KCTC 32525T (95.5%) and Jannaschia helgolandensis KCTC 12191T (95.3%). The genome length of strain J12C1-MA-4T was 3,621,968 bp with a DNA G + C content of 64.48 mol%. The major cellular fatty acids of strain J12C1-MA-4T were summed feature 8 (comprising C18:1ω7c and/or C18:1ω6c) (> 10%). Phosphatidylglycerol (PG), phosphatidylcholine (PC), phospholipids (PL), lipids 1 (L1) and aminolipid (AL) were shown to be the major polar lipids. The sole predominant isoprenoid quinone was Q-10. Based on phylogenetic, phenotypic, chemotaxonomic and genomic features, we propose that strain J12C1-MA-4T represent a novel species in the novel genus of the family Rhodobacteraceae, with the proposed name Gymnodinialimonas ceratoperidinii gen. nov., sp. nov.. The type strain is J12C1-MA-4T (=KCTC 82770T =GDMCC 1.2729T).
- Dinoflagellate; 16S rRNA gene; Phylogeny; Polyphasic taxonomy; Whole genome
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.