Isolation of aromatic hydrocarbon-degrading bacteria and genetic characterization of their plasmid genes = Aromatic hydrocarbon 분해세균의 검출과 그 plasmid 유전자의 특성
Cited 0 time in
- Isolation of aromatic hydrocarbon-degrading bacteria and genetic characterization of their plasmid genes = Aromatic hydrocarbon 분해세균의 검출과 그 plasmid 유전자의 특성
- Chi-Kyung Kim; Jong-Woo Kim; Young-Chang Kim; Tae Ick Mheen
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Microbiology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 67-72
- Publication Year
- Aromatic hydrocarbon degrading bacteria were isolated from industrial waste by using an agar plate method. The isolate DY-l was identified as Acinetobacter sp. and found to utilize phenanthrene as sole carbon source. The bacteria were proved to produce salicylic acid as an intermediate from phenanthrene through naphthalene pathway, when the products in the culture were examined by thin-layer chromatography. The Phn+ genes were found to be involved in two plasmids of about 4 and 40 kb which were lost and not detected in the DNA samples prepared from the mitomycin C-cured cells by a gel electrophoretic analysis.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.