The relationship between hydrogenase and nitrogenase for hydrogen evolution in Rhodopseudomonas sp. KCTC 1437 = Rhodopseudomonas sp. KCTC 1437의 수소생성에 있어서의 hydrogenase와 nitrogenase의 관계
Cited 0 time in
- The relationship between hydrogenase and nitrogenase for hydrogen evolution in Rhodopseudomonas sp. KCTC 1437 = Rhodopseudomonas sp. KCTC 1437의 수소생성에 있어서의 hydrogenase와 nitrogenase의 관계
- Won Gi Seol; Yung Hee Kho
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of (Applied) Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 385-389
- Publication Year
- Both hydrogenase and nitrogenase were found to be involved in hydrogen evolution independently in Rhodopseudomonas sp. KCTC 1437. The hydrogen formation in this bacterium was independent on light illumination and presence of NH+4 After establishment of conditions to measure the amount of hydrogen evolved by each of the enzymes in vivo, the several factors affecting on the hydrogen evolution, e.g. presence of gases (C2H2, H2, O2 or N2), C/N ratio, were investigated, Hydrogenase was less inhibited than nitrogenase under O2 and was active independent on the presence of N2 or C2 H2 which were the strong inhibitor of nitrogenase. Besides, the hydrogenase activity was increased after incubation with H2. And it was verified that this bacterium consume hydrogen and photoreduce CO2 by hydrogenase. From above results, it is concluded that hydrogenase in Rhodopseudomonas sp. KCTC 1437 can produce hydrogen under more favorable condition that nitrogenase.
- nitrogenasehydrogen productionhydrogenase
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.