Testing of LAK cell activity using a tetrazolium-based colorimetric (MTT) assay = MTT방법을 이용한 림프킨활성 살해세포 (LAK cell) 활성도 측정에 관한 연구
Cited 0 time in
- Testing of LAK cell activity using a tetrazolium-based colorimetric (MTT) assay = MTT방법을 이용한 림프킨활성 살해세포 (LAK cell) 활성도 측정에 관한 연구
- Jae-Gahb Park; Oh-Joong Kwon; Sun Whe Kim; Jin-Pok Kim; Kyung Soo Hahm; Moon Hi Han
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Korean Cancer Association, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 68-78
- Publication Year
- Peripheral blood lymphocytes of normal individuals can be activated by culture with recombinant Interleukin-2 (donated by Genetic Engineering Center, KAIST, Seoul, Korea) leading to expression of cytotoxic activity toward on colorectal carcinoma cell line SNU-C5. After 4 days incubation, the LAK cells were removed by 4 times washing and the number of live target cells in the microtest plates were counted by the tetazolium-based colorimetric (MTT) assay and the survival rate of the target cells was calculated against the control in which the target cells were incubated without Interleukin-2 and effector cells. During 5 days culture, the recombinant KAIST Interleukin-2 induced the potent LAK cells at the concentration of 0.1 U/ml. After 4 days incubation, almost all target cells (SNU-C5) were killed by the LAK cells of 5 days culture when the Effector:Target ratio were 10 : 1 and 5 : l. SNU C5 represented high adhesiveness to the culture flask and microtest plate bottom, so it can be used for the tetazolium based colorimetric (MTT) assay. Tetrazolium-based colorimetric (MTT) assay shows good carrelation between spectrophotometric absorbance and cell number, and it is long-term assay over other cytotoxicity test methods, so semiautomated MTT assay offers a valid. rapid, and simple method to assess cytotoxicity of LAK cells.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.