Comparison study on 3H-thymidine incorporation assay and MTT assay in the measurement of IL-2 activity =Interleukin-2 활성의 측정에 있어 3H-thymidine 흡수법과 tetrazolium-based(MTT) colorimetric assay
Cited 0 time in
- Comparison study on 3H-thymidine incorporation assay and MTT assay in the measurement of IL-2 activity =Interleukin-2 활성의 측정에 있어 3H-thymidine 흡수법과 tetrazolium-based(MTT) colorimetric assay
- Yang-Suk Yoo; Jung-Mogg Kim; Tajune Chung; Kyung Soo Hahm; Yang-Ja Cho
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Immunology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 39-44
- Publication Year
- Measurement of interIeukin-2 (IL-2) activity using 3H-thymidine incorporation assay has been considered to be a standard method. However, use of isotope in this assay system is one limitation in popular use of this method. In addition, multiple steps of cell transfer may be a cause of interexperimental data variation. We have compared the conventional 3H-thymidine incorporation assay with colorimetric assay utilizing tetrazolium-based compound (MTT) in the measurement of CTLL-2 cell proliferation response to IL-2 stimulation. Values of optical density (OD) of MTT were proportional to the cpm values of 3H-thymi-dine incorporation assay. Therefore, the MTT assay offers a valid, inexpensive and simple method to assess the number of CTLL-2 cells stimulated by IL-2.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.