Cited 2 time in
- Mutation of GmIPK1 gene using CRISPR/Cas9 reduced phytic acid content in soybean seeds
- J H Song; Gilok Shin; H J Kim; Saet Buyl Lee; Ju Yeon Moon; Jae Cheol Jeong; H K Choi; I A Kim; H J Song; Cha Young Kim; Y S Chung
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 23, no. 18, pp. 10583-10583
- Publication Year
- Phytic acid (PA) acts as an antinutrient substance in cereal grains, disturbing the bioavailability of micronutrients, such as iron and zinc, in humans, causing malnutrition. GmIPK1 encodes the inositol 1,3,4,5,6-pentakisphosphate 2-kinase enzyme, which converts myo-inopsitol-1,3,4,5,6-pentakisphosphate (IP5) to myo-inositol-1,2,3,4,5,6-hexakisphosphate (IP6) in soybean (Glycine max L.). In this study, for developing soybean with low PA levels, we attempted to edit the GmIPK1 gene using the CRISPR/Cas9 system to introduce mutations into the GmIPK1 gene with guide RNAs in soybean (cv. Kwangankong). The GmIPK1 gene was disrupted using the CRISPR/Cas9 system, with sgRNA-1 and sgRNA-4 targeting the second and third exon, respectively. Several soybean Gmipk1 gene-edited lines were obtained in the T0 generation at editing frequencies of 0.1？84.3%. Sequencing analysis revealed various indel patterns with the deletion of 1？9 nucleotides and insertions of 1 nucleotide in several soybean lines (T0). Finally, we confirmed two sgRNA-4 Gmipk1 gene-edited homozygote soybean T1 plants (line #21-2: 5 bp deletion; line #21-3: 1 bp insertion) by PPT leaf coating assay and PCR analysis. Analysis of soybean Gmipk1 gene-edited lines indicated a reduction in PA content in soybean T2 seeds but did not show any defects in plant growth and seed development.
- SoybeanPhytic acidGenome editingCRISPR/Cas9sgRNAGmIPK1
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.