Cited 0 time in
- Methyl P-coumarate ameliorates the inflammatory response in activated-airway epithelial cells and mice with allergic asthma = Methyl P-coumarate의 항천식 효과
- Ji Won Park; Jinseon Choi; Juhyun Lee; Jin-Mi Park; Seong Man Kim; J H Min; Da-Yun Seo; Soo Hyeon Goo; Ju-Hee Kim; Ok-Kyoung Kwon; Kihoon Lee; Kyung Seop Ahn; Sei-Ryang Oh; Jae-Won Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 23, no. 23, pp. 14909-14909
- Publication Year
- Methyl p-coumarate (methyl p-hydroxycinnamate) (MH) is a natural compound found in a variety of plants. In the present study, we evaluated the ameliorative effects of MH on airway inflammation in an experimental model of allergic asthma (AA). In this in vitro study, MH was found to exert anti-inflammatory activity on PMA-stimulated A549 airway epithelial cells by suppressing the secretion of IL-6, IL-8, MCP-1, and ICAM-1. In addition, MH exerted an inhibitory effect not only on NF-κB (p-NF-κB and p-IκB) and AP-1 (p-c-Fos and p-c-Jun) activation but also on A549 cell and EOL-1 cell (eosinophil cell lines) adhesion. In LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophages, MH had an inhibitory effect on TNF-α, IL-1β, IL-6, and MCP-1. The results from in vivo study revealed that the increases in eosinophils/Th2 cytokines/MCP-1 in the bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) and IgE in the serum of OVA-induced mice with AA were effectively inhibited by MH administration. MH also exerted a reductive effect on the immune cell influx, mucus secretion, and iNOS/COX-2 expression in the lungs of mice with AA. The effects of MH were accompanied by the inactivation of NF-κB. Collectively, the findings of the present study indicated that MH attenuates airway inflammation in mice with AA, suggesting its potential as an adjuvant in asthma therapy.
- AsthmaMethyl p-coumarateTh2 cytokinesEosinophilNF-kB
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Bio-Resource Central Bank > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Laboratory Animal Resource & Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.