Cited 0 time in
- Ficus vasculosa Wall. ex Miq. inhibits the LPS-induced inflammation in RAW264.7 macrophages
- Ji Won Park; Jin Mi Park; Sangmi Eum; Jung Hee Kim; Jae Hoon Oh; Jinseon Choi; T T Bach; N V Sinh; Sangho Choi; Kyung Seop Ahn; Jae-Won Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Microbiology and Biotechnology Letters, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 574-583
- Publication Year
- Ficus vasculosa Wall. ex Miq. (FV) has been used as a herbal medicine in Southeast Asia and its antioxidant activity has been shown in previous studies. However, it has not yet been elucidated whether FV exerts anti-inflammatory effects on activated-macrophages. Thus, we aimed to evaluate the ameliorative property of FV methanol extract (FM) on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced inflammatory responses and the underlying molecular mechanisms in RAW264.7 macrophages. The experimental results indicated that FM decreased the production of inflammatory mediators (NO/PGE2) and the mRNA/protein expression of iNOS and COX-2 in LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 cells. FM also reduced the secretion of interleukin (IL)-1β, IL-6, tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α and monocyte chemoattractant protein (MCP)-1 in LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 cells. Results also demonstrated that FM improved inflammatory response in LPS-stimulated A549 airway epithelial cells by inhibiting the production of cytokines, such as IL-1β, IL-6 and TNF-α. In addition, FM suppressed MAPK activation and NF-κB nuclear translocation induced by LPS. FM also upregulated the mRNA/protein expression levels of heme oxygenase-1 and the nuclear translocation of nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 in RAW264.7 cells. In an experimental animal model of LPSinduced acute lung injury, the increased levels of molecules in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid were suppressed by FM administration. Collectively, it was founded that FM has anti-inflammatory properties on activated-macrophages by suppressing inflammatory molecules and regulating the activation of MAPK/NF-κB signaling.
- Ficus vasculosa Wall. ex Miq.MacrophagesLipopolysaccharideInflammationNF-κB
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > International Biological Material Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Bio-Resource Central Bank > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.