Cited 4 time in
- Selection of protoclones for high yields of indole alkaloids from suspension cultures of Catharanthus roseus and the qualitative analysis of the compounds by LC-MS
- K H Jung; Sang Soo Kwak; Suk Weon Kim; C Y Choi; G S Heo; Jang Ryol Liu
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biotechnology Techniques, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 305-308
- Publication Year
- To produce economically important indole alkaloids by cell culture, we have selected protoclones of Catharanthus roseus for high yields of catharanthine and ajmalicine. Protoplasts were enzymatically isolated from suspension-cultured cells. Protoclone VPC-10 produced catharanthine at 5.9 μg/g fresh wt of cells after 10 days of culture, although the original cell line did not produce it at a level detectable by HPLC. Under the same conditions, protoclone VPC-15 produced ajmalicine at 133.6 μg/g, which was about 3 times the productivity of the original cell line. In addition, the indole alkaloids were qualitatively confirmed by LC-MS.
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Plant Systems Engineering Research > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.