Cited 51 time in
- Improvement of the catharanthine productivity in hairy root cultures of Catharanthus roseus by using monosaccharides as a carbon source
- K H Jung; Sang Soo Kwak; Suk Weon Kim; H Lee; C Y Choi; Jang Ryol Liu
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biotechnology Letters, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 695-700
- Publication Year
- Sucrose, glucose, and fructose as carbon sources in culture medium were assessed in hairy root cultures ofCatharanthus roseus. The cultures preferentially consumed sucrose, resulting in about 40% (dry wt) higher growth rate. However, fructose enhanced the cathranthine yield about two-fold. The elevated yield was not seemingly ascribed to the higher osmolarity per unit weight of fructose than sucrose. A two stage culture using sucrose (1st) and fructose (2nd) improved volumetric yields of catharanthine about two-fold, i.e. 41 mg/l.
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Plant Systems Engineering Research > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.