Molecular cloning of GAF2, a Schizosaccharomyces pombe GATA factor, which has two zinc-finger sequences
Cited 0 time in
- Molecular cloning of GAF2, a Schizosaccharomyces pombe GATA factor, which has two zinc-finger sequences
- Kwang Lae Hoe; Mi-Sun Won; Ook-Joon Yoo; Hyang Sook Yoo
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology International, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 127-135
- Publication Year
- By low stringency screening of a λ-Shizosaccharomyces pombe genomic library, we have cloned a GATA factor homologous gene, gaf2+, within a 3.1-kb EcoRI fragment. The gaf2 ORF predicts a protein of Mr 61 kDa consisting of intronless 564 amino acids corresponding to 1,692 bp. Gaf2 has two zinc-fingers as Urbs1 of Ustilago maydis, whereas most of fungal GATA factors have only one zinc-finger. The separation between two zinc-fingers of Gaf2 is rather long. In addition to gaf2, the sequence analysis revealed a Val-tRNA gene in the 3′-flanking region of gaf2. Northern blot analysis indicated that the gaf2 gene is transcribed constitutively irrespective of the nitrogen source in a medium.
- S. pombeval-tRNAzinc fingerGATA factorlow stringency screening
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Personalized Genomic Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.