Effects of various kinds and concentrations of cryoprotectants on viabilities of ultrarapidly frozen 4-cell mouse embryos and morulae = 생쥐 4세포기 및 상실배기 수정란의 초급속동결에 있어서 동결보호제의 종류와 농도가 생존성에 미치는 영향
Cited 0 time in
- Effects of various kinds and concentrations of cryoprotectants on viabilities of ultrarapidly frozen 4-cell mouse embryos and morulae = 생쥐 4세포기 및 상실배기 수정란의 초급속동결에 있어서 동결보호제의 종류와 농도가 생존성에 미치는 영향
- J H Lim; S T Shin; M J Kang; Yong Mahn Han; Kyung Kwang Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Embryo Transfer, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 35-40
- Publication Year
- This study was carried out to select the best cryoprotectant and to establish optimal concentration of the cryoprotectant in ultrarapid freezing of mouse 4-cell embryos and morulae, respectively. We investigated survival of ultrarapid frozen embryos according to various cryoprotectants such as glycerol, ethylene glycol, propylene glycol and dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO). Suvival of the embryos frozen at different concentrations (3.0, 4.0 and 5.0 M) of indivisual cryoprotectant was also tested. Preimplantation developmental rate (96.3%, 83 /86) of 4-cell mouse embryos treated with 4.0 M ethylene glycol after ultrarapid freezing and thawing was higher than those of other cryoprotectants (glycerol, propylene glycol and DMSO). In the ultrarapid freezing of mouse morulae, the highest developmental rate (98.8%, 89/90) of the embryos to blastocysts was shown in the group of 5.0 M glycerol. Thus, these results demonstrate that 4.0 M ethylene glycol and 5.0 M glycerol are optimal for ultrarapid freezing of 4-cell mouse embryos and morulae, respectively.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.