Benzastatins A, B, C and D : new free radical scavengers from Streptomyces nitrosporeus 30643 I. taxonomy, fermentation, isolation, physico-chemical properties and biological activities
Cited 72 time in
- Benzastatins A, B, C and D : new free radical scavengers from Streptomyces nitrosporeus 30643 I. taxonomy, fermentation, isolation, physico-chemical properties and biological activities
- Won Gon Kim; Jong Pyung Kim; Chang Jin Kim; K H Lee; Ick Dong Yoo
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Antibiotics, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 20-25
- Publication Year
- In the course of screening for free radical scavengers, rare metabolites, benzastatins A and B having aminobenzamide skeleton, and benzastatins C and D having tetrahydroquinoline skeleton, were isolated from the culture broth of Streptomyces nitrosporeus 30643. They showed inhibitory activity against lipid peroxidation in rat liver microsomes. In the cell assay, benzastatins C and D inhibited glutamate toxicity in N18-RE-105 cells with EC50 values of 2.0 and 5.4 μM, respectively.
- Springer-Nature Pub Group
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Infectious Disease Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.