Cited 0 time in
- A sesquiterpene ortho-naphthoquinone from the root bark of Ulmus davidiana planch
- Jong Pyung Kim; Won Gon Kim; Jong Hee Park; Jin Jing; H Koshino; Ick Dong Yoo
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Pharmacognosy, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 26-31
- Publication Year
- A sesquiterpene ortho-naphthoquinone was isolated from the 80% aqueous methanolic extract of root bark of Ulmus davidiana Planch whose stem and root bark have been used as an oriental medicine for the treatment of edema, mastitis, gastric cancer and inflammation. On the basis of spectral data obtained from UV-vis, IR, HR-EIMS and NMR spectrometry, including the pulse field gradient (PFG) HMQC and HMBC techniques, the structure of this compound was determined as 2,3-dihydro-3-hydroxy-3,6,9-trimethylnaphtho(1,8-b,c)pyran-7,8-dione which has been known as mansonone I. This compound has been isolated only from the heart-wood of Mansonia altissima Chev, a Sterculiacea from West Africa. Thus, this compound was isolated for the second time from natural source in this study. This is the first report to present the carbon chemical shift assignment of mansonone 1.
- mansonone 1root barksesquiterpene o-naph-thoquinoneulmaceaeulmus davidiana
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Research on National Challenges > Infectious Disease Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.