Ammonium ion effects and its In situ removal by using immobilized adsorbent in hybridoma cell culture = 하이브리도마 세포배양에서 암모늄 이온의 영향 및 고정화 흡착제에 의한 암모늄 이온의 동시제거
Cited 0 time in
- Ammonium ion effects and its In situ removal by using immobilized adsorbent in hybridoma cell culture = 하이브리도마 세포배양에서 암모늄 이온의 영향 및 고정화 흡착제에 의한 암모늄 이온의 동시제거
- Yeon-Ho Jeong; Hae-Ik Lee; Gie-Taek Chun; Ik Hwan Kim; S S Wang
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 329-339
- Publication Year
- The effects of ammonium ion on cell growth kinetics, monoclonal antibody productivity, and cell metabolism of hybridoma cells were investigated. The mouse ？mouse hybridoma cell line VIIIH-8 producing mouse IgG2a was used as a model system. Ammonium ion showed an inhibitory effect on cell growth and monoclonal antibody production. New immobilized adsorbents were developed for the reduction of the inhibitory effect of ammonium ion. The ammonium ion selective zeolite, Phillipsite-Gismondine was entrapped in calcium alginate bead or in dialysis membrane and applied to the hybridoma cell culture system for the in situ removal of ammonium ion from culture media. The effects of ammonium the both serum supplemented and serum free media on the cell growth were studied by applying immobilized adsorbents of calcium alginate bead type. The results demonstrated a substantial enhancement in cell growth. Applying immobilized adsorbents of dialysis membrane type to serum supplemented media also resulted in the stimulation of cell growth, cell viability and monoclonal antibody production.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.