Cited 0 time in
- Identification of lactic acid bacteria from Kimchi by cellular FAMEs analysis = 김치유래 젖산균의 균체지방산 분석을 이용한 분류학적 연구
- Jung Sook Lee; Min-Chul Jung; Woo-Sik Kim; Keun Chul Lee; Hong Joong Kim; Chan Sun Park; Hun Joo Lee; Yun Jung Joo; Kun-Jong Lee; Jong Seog Ahn; Wan Park; Yong Ha Park; Tae Ick Mheen
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of (Applied) Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 234-241
- Publication Year
- Two hundreds and thirty lactic acid bacteria, mostly isolated from Kimchi, including type strains were used for analysis of cellular fatty acids. The 230 test strains were recoverd in 7 major and 1 single clusters defined at Euclidian distance of 17.5. These aggregate taxa were equivalent to the genus Leiiconostoc (aggregate group A, B, C and D), the genus Ladobacillus (aggregate group F), the genera Ladobacillus and Pediococcus (aggregate group E) and the genera Leiiconostoc and Ladobacillus (aggregate group G). It is concluded as evident that FAMEs (Fatty Acid Methyl Esters) profile of cell can be used as a criterion in classification of lactic acid bacteria from kimchi. Additional comparative taxonomic studies need to be carried out on well chosen representative strains to determine the most appropriate methods of value.
- Cellular fatty acid profilesChemotaxonomyLactic acid bacteria
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Chemical Biology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.