Stereochemistry in inactivation of carboxypeptidase A. : structural analysis of the inactivated carboxypeptidase A by an enantiomeric pair of 2-benzyl-3,4-epoxybutanoic acids
Cited 32 time in
- Stereochemistry in inactivation of carboxypeptidase A. : structural analysis of the inactivated carboxypeptidase A by an enantiomeric pair of 2-benzyl-3,4-epoxybutanoic acids
- Seong Eon Ryu; Hee-Jeong Choi; D H Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of American Chemical Society, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 38-41
- Publication Year
- The X-ray crystal structure of inactivated carboxypeptidase A by (2R,3S)-2-benzyl-3,4-epoxybutanoic acid, a pseudomechanism-based inactivator, was determined to show that the carboxylate of Glu-270 at the active site of the enzyme is covalently modified: the inhibitor is tethered to the carboxylate forming an ester linkage which is brought about by the attack of the carboxylate on the oxirane ring of the inhibitor. Examination of the crystal structure in comparison with that inactivated by its enantiomer, (2S,3R)-2-benzyl-3,4-epoxybutanoic acid, shows that the two inhibitors are bound covalently to the enzyme in a symmetrical fashion. An explanation for the lack of inactivating activity found previously with (2R,3R)- as well as (2S,3S)-2-benzyl-3,4-epoxybutanoic acids was offered.
- Amer Chem Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.