Cited 0 time in
- Expression of hepatitis B virus surface antigen gene in E. coli
- Young Chul Choi; Ji Young Kim; Myeong Hee Yu; Moon Hi Han
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Biochemical Journal, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 377-382
- Publication Year
- Three different HBsAg sequences encoding for S region, pre-S2 plus S region, and pre-S2 fused with a portion of -galactosidase have been expressed in E. coli under the control of lac promoter. When the S region containing HBsAg genes were expressed constitutively in E. coli HB101, the growth inhibition of recombinant cells was observed. However, the constitutive expression of pre-S2 fused with a-peptide (N-terminal portion of 현 -galactosidase) was not detrimental to the E. coli HB101 cells. The antigenicity of the hybrid pre-S2 protein seems to be conformationindependent: treatment of 2-mercaptoethanol or 2-mercaptoethanol/SDS did not abol-
ish the antigenicity.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.