Cited 0 time in
- Isolation and characterization of a crude oil-degrading strain, Nocardia sp. H17-1 = 원유 분해균주 Nocardia sp. H17-1의 분리 및 특성
- Chang Ho Lee; Gi Seok Kwon; Hee Sik Kim; Hyun Hyo Suh; Keuk Hyun Ahn; Hee-Mock Oh; Tae-Jong Kwon; Byung Dae Yoon
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 654-662
- Publication Year
- Bactrial strains which degrade crude oil were isolated by liquid culture fri\om oil-spilled soil, and four isolates were selected among them. The strain H17-1was identified as a Nocardia sp. Based on the test for morphological, biochemical and physiological characteristics. It appears to be highly specialized for growth on crude oil in monimal salts medium since it showed preference for oil or degradation products as substrates for growth. It was found that it could grow on at least fifteen diffrent hydrocarbons. The The optimum cultural and environmental conditions were seeked. Cell growth and emulsification activity as a function of time were also determined. Crude oil degradation and the reduction of production of product peak was identified by the analysis of remnant oil by gas chromatography after 3 days of cutivation. Approximately 83% of oil were converted into a form no longer extractable by organi solvents.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Synthetic Biology and Bioengineering Research Institute > Cell Factory Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.