Cited 6 time in
- Complete sequence of the UPP gene encoding uracil phosphoribosyltransferase from Mycobacterium bovis BCG
- Jin Koo Kim; Jeong Hyun Kim; Seung-Hwan Lee; Young Kang; Jong-Seok Lim; Hee Gu Lee; Sang Jae Kim; Gill Han Bai; Young Kil Park; Sang-Hyun Cho; Sang Won Kang; Yu Sam Kim; In Seong Choe; Tai Wha Chung; Sue Nie Park; Seung Ho Kim; Jong Seog Ahn; Yong Kyung Choe
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology International, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 1117-1124
- Publication Year
- The nucleotide sequence of a 799 bp fragment of Mycobacterium bovis BCG containing the putative upp gene that encodes a uracil phosphoribosyltransferase (UPRTase [EC 184.108.40.206]) has been determined. The upp gene of BCG has an open reading frame (ORF) of 621 bp (207 amino acids) starting with GTG (position 112) and ending with TGA (position 733), and its molecular mass was calculated to be 21,864 Da. Comparative analyses of the deduced amino acid sequence of BCG UPRTase with the UPRTase of six bacterial genera revealed that 24% (50/211) of die residues are perfectly conserved and 32% (67/211) of the residues are well conserved.
- BCGuppUracil phosphoribosyltraltsferase
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Immunotherapy Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Chemical Biology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.